“Online Reputation Management(ORM) is the practice of attempting to shape public perception of a person or organization by influencing online information about that entity”. In other words, it can be explained as a practice of crafting strategies that shape or influence the public perception of an organisation or an individual or an enterprise over the internet.
ORM helps us to create brand image and brand standing over the Internet using various social media platforms. Digitization took a bigger place in lives, where anything can be done just with a finger tip, so as in the case of your brand, it must possess all such qualities to be on the finger tips of the users for life time.
There are various factors which helps a brand to manage its online reputation. But, the foremost factor to build Online Reputation of a brand is to act like A Pro. One has to be ‘pro’ so as to manage online reputation for its business. He should assemble all the required tactics and should start working to achieve his goal.
Traditionally it was done through broadcasting advertisements on television or radio or getting them published in print media. But at those times, feedback always had its steps behind. But since digitization took over the world, everything became easy and that too in just few clicks. Promotion of a brand became quite easy and less expensive with the help of Social media and its promotion tactics.
Further, Best SEO Companies consider these key points to build their Online Reputation:
- Be Present: It is not the matter to consider, ‘is it relevant or not?’ You need to be present actively on various social media sites to build your brand’s reputation. Being active on Facebook and Twitter is must. These two social media sites have a maximum number of reach of audiences. So, whatever you post or share on these social media platforms is going to reach to a huge number of viewers in a very less amount of time. It aids you in building your brand’s image.
- Address Issues: Make it a habit to address issues. This will help you to build trust and a good image in views of your targeted clients and existing clients. Many a times on this social media platform it happens that a person with a fake identity tries to tarnish your brand’s image. Although it is a part of cyber crime, so before taking any legal action against that person, you should address your clients on those websites that whatever being done was not brand’s fault. Taking this kind of decisions will help you to retain your reputation with no harm.
- Search yourself: It is the best way to identify yourself, where are you standing in Google SERPs and where you need to be. This takes a less effort to do so. You just need to google yourself to know the exact position of your brand in the list of Google web pages. Searching yourself on Google will help you make plans and strategies to enhance your reach so as to rank higher in search engine result pages, and to raise your position from that of current position.
- Personal Touch: Adding a personal touch is also vital. While you attempt to create the brand image for your brand, creating an image of those who are associated with the brand is equivalently vital. You need to develop a powerful presence of your CEO, Managers as well as the Executives on social media platforms. This adds accountability to the brand reputation.
- Be Careful: Yes! It is quite important to do so when you are working online. There is a large number of audience who is going to watch your posts on social media. Your one little mistake can reciprocate your brand’s image and the audience will make perceptions accordingly. So, whenever you post or share on social media, check it twice or thrice that it doesn’t have any flaws or any slags used in it. After assuring yourself, upload the same.