February 02, 2016
Google, Yahoo or Bing all of these search engines
In the process of returning appropriate web pages, the search engines explore billions of pages through a mechanism called indexing. Indexing is similar to a book’s index, which contains information about all the web pages available on the web and while searching through the index, Google provides relevant results to the searchers. In order to increase the relevancy, the Top SEO firms
In this article, we have drawn the role of keyword density in SEO or in optimizing your website. The
However, due to regular up gradations in the technical mechanism, Google has also changed its algorithm for keyword density, in order to overcome the future challenges. Although, after having a complex algorithm, the importance of keyword density remains same as it was earlier. In plain words, the density of keywords in your web content is considered to have an exceptional impact over the SERP (Search Engine Results Page) rankings.
Algorithm for Keyword Density
When it comes to content or text, the home page is considered as the
(Number of times keyword used / total number of words
(4/200)*100 = 2%
Therefore, for a particular keyword, the optimal density should be 2% in your web content. In case you are not good at Maths, then there are a number of tools available over the internet which will help you to check the keyword density
Expert Tips for Keyword Density
· Use synonyms instead of repeating keywords, as this procedure will keep the density in acceptable percentage. You can also use different combinations of words rather than using the same combination.
· You can raise density for your web page by including keywords in image descriptions,
· To better optimize your web page, add your primary keyword in the title or headings.
· For better ranking in search results, multi-word phrases can be used as a primary keyword instead of single word keyword.
· Playing a safe side, try to keep the density less than 6%, whereas 3 to 4 percent would be considered as an optimal percentage.
· Show all your targeted keywords as hyperlinks, which signify to the search engines that you are providing deep information to the user, reflecting a user-friendly character.
· Access the sitemap and add to the footer for all your web pages, which indicates a superior SEO process. It will be useful for the targeted audience.
· Check your web pages through keyword analyzer, which will help you to generate a well-defined plan for your objectives.
To learn more about SEO and keyword density, you can take help from best local SEO companies.